Tadaa! Here we are folks, with a new volume of Daron’s Guitar Chronicles finally out in ebook! Volume seven begins in January 1990 (whoaaa…. the nineties…!) with Daron’s international jaunt from Australia to Guitar Craft School to Seville, and ends a few months later after his much anticipated reunion with Ziggy.
I think the first of the “reunion with Ziggy” chapters might be the post with the most single reads in the 24 hours after posting in the history of Daron’s Guitar Chronicles.
Now, what’s all this about a MEME CONTEST??
Here we go! Various fans of DGC have gotten into making memes or “quote art” — combining photos with quotes from the series. I’ve decided why not make it a contest? Here are the rules:
- PRIZE: Grand prize will be a DGC Prize Pack including a Moondog Three tote bag, both paperback omnibus editions of Daron’s Guitar Chronicles, and a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Five runners up will get a prize pack of a tote bag and all seven ebook editions.
- Deadline for entry is September 9, 2015.
- HOW TO ENTER: All entries must be made by posting to one or more of the following social media networks: Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, or Instagram with the tag or hashtag #daronquotes. If you post the same meme/quote art to more than one, you will be entered more times!
- VERIFY: To verify your entries and make sure we didn’t miss them, email links to your meme posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REQUIREMENTS: The size of each entry must be a minimum of 640 pixels wide and 360 pixels tall, and a maximum of 1280 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall. (If your art is too big, use a free resizing tool like PicResize.com or ResizeYourImage.com.) To be on the safe side and make sure you’re not infringing on a photographer or artist’s copyright, either get permission from the artist to use their image, or use images that are licensed for re-use, are public domain, or Creative Commons. You can search popular photo sources like Flickr and Google Image search with a filter to only show you CC or non-copyrighted images.
- OPTIONAL: You don’t have to add the DGC logo to your meme or quote art, but if you want to, you can grab the images from the bottom of this post: http://daron.ceciliatan.com/archives/3693.
Quotes can be from any part of Daron’s Guitar Chronicles. They don’t have to be from Book 7.
That’s it! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!