I just got this press release from NLA: International with the finalists in the NLA Writing Awards and thought I’d post it to share with all. This year I wasn’t involved in the judging so this is my first time getting to see the finalists! Looks like a great crop of books and stories!
(Columbus, OH) — National Leather Association – International (NLA-I), a leading organization for activists in the pansexual SM/leather/fetish community, announced today the finalists for its annual writing awards. Named after activists and writers Geoff Mains, John Preston, Pauline Reage, Cynthia Slater, and the groundbreaking organization Samois, they are awarded annually to recognize excellence in writing and publishing about Leather, SM, bondage and fetishes.
The finalists for the Cynthia Slater Non-fiction Article Award are:
- “Super Tight: A Fetish For Restraint” by Claire Rudy Foster which appeared April 20, 2017 on TheRumpus.net
- “A Defense of Erotic” by Jeff Mann which appeared as the introduction to his book Consent which was released April 28 , 2017 by Lethe Press
- “California Dreamin: West Coast Directors and the Golden Age of Forbidden Gay Movie” by Jack Fritscher which was released in the U.S. in early 2017 after originally being published by Editions Mustache in the U.K. December 14, 2016
The finalists for the Geoff Mains Non-fiction Book Award are:
- The Big Workbook For Submissives by Rebecca Blanton (Auntie Vice Productions)
- Better Bondage For Every Body by Evie Vane (Wanton Press)
- Gay Pioneers: How Drummer Magazine Shaped Gay Popular Culture 1965-1999 by Jack Fritscher (Palm Drive Publishing)
The finalists for the Pauline Reage Novel Award are:
- The Master Will Appear by L.A. Witt (self published)
- Insatiable by Jeff Mann (Lethe Press)
The finalists for the Samois Anthology Award are:
- Unspeakably Erotic: Lesbian Kink by D.L. King (Cleis Press)
The finalists for the John Preston Short Story Award are:
- “Winter Fantasia Captive Club” by Jeff Mann which appeared on Great Jones Street reading app
- “The Artist” by Daniel Erickson (self-published)
- “Sand Trap” by L.M. Somerton (Pride Publishing)
- “Falling Action” by Kiki DeLovely from the anthology His Aura: A Collection of Transmasculine Erotica ed. Shaun J. Phree (Phreedom Publishing)
- “Pygmalion” by J. Belle from the anthology Unspeakably Erotic: Lesbian Kink ed. D.L. King (Cleis Press)
- “The Brute and The Brat” by Sinclair Sexsmith (Maverick Press)
The winners will be announced at the National Leather Association – International’s Annual General Meeting, which will be held October 21, 2018 in Reno, NV in conjunctions with NLA-Northern Nevada’s event, Revelry. We hope our finalists will attend the AGM to receive their awards and congratulate the winners. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information.
For more information about the awards, please contact the Award Committee Chair, CandiAnne Shafer, at firstname.lastname@example.org