As my back catalog has grown I’ve had to split the publications page up into multiple pages and multiple sections within the page. Check out the directory below!
A NOTE ABOUT CONTENT WARNINGS: Although, when I am a reader I prefer no spoilers, I recognize that for many readers’ emotional and mental health and safety, it is important for them to be able to filter out certain kinds of content. I consider content warnings to be a way of supporting informed consent. Another way to think about it: If I were a chef, I would consider it unethical not to list common allergens in my dishes, and content warnings are the equivalent of that. There’s no single master list of squicks or triggers out there, but I have tried include the ones I’m the most familiar with, including dubious consent, non-consensual sex, consensual BDSM, consensual bondage, and consensual punishment. If there was something you ran into in my work that you feel I should warn for, please let me know!
Each work that has its own page will have a content warning that can be seen by hovering over the text like this: Content Warning Example. And here is a link to the full list of all the content warnings, alphabetical by title.
Note: I do not “warn” for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, or queer characters or content–because queerfolks have a right to exist!–but you will see various identities and sexualities labeled (including het) to help readers find which dishes on my rather large menu are most delicious to them. Also note that almost all of my fiction is “not safe for work” so it may seem redundant to put the NSFW tag on everything, but I’ll try.
- Forthcoming Stuff br>
- Book Series (erotica, romance, science fiction)
- Fiction novels (standalone) (erotica, romance, etc)
- Nonfiction Books/Ebooks (baseball)
- Short Stories (both erotic and not)
- Baseball Articles
I’ve made links throughout this page to retailers including Amazon.com. But please support your local independent bookstore. A thriving and diverse book industry is the best support system both for writers and readers! I’ve been boycotting Amazon for my personal purchases until they address unsafe working conditions in their warehouses, but I realize they are the many people’s top choice, especially for ebook purchases on the Kindle.
Forthcoming Stuff by Cecilia Tan
Page last updated on: December 6, 2020.
If you want to get email when a new book of mine comes out, get on my monthly-ish email newsletter by signing up here: https://bit.ly/ctannews.
I also post “insider” updates to my works in progress at my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ceciliatan
Follow my Twitter feed or public-follow (not friend) my personal Facebook. (I have a professional Facebook “page” also, but Facebook doesn’t actually feed the content of it to my followers unless I pay them to…so you’re unlikely to actually see updates from me through my Page.)
- INITIATES OF THE BLOOD — new urban fantasy series at Tor Books — launch date still TBD. (It was Sept 2018 but Tor is delaying it until Book 2 is in the can.) It’s my idea of what if instead of vampires we had ritual blood magic/erotic sex magicians. First of three planned volumes in The Vanished Chronicles.
- “The Mystery of the Bitten Peach” — a mystery novella featuring the character from my “Dragon’s Daughter” stories, accepted by Joselle Vanderhooft for an anthology of supernatural lesbian mysteries, but I’m not sure when it will be out. It’s been a couple of years. No update from her or the publisher lately.
- “The Lion Tamer” — a new BDSM vampire story, to Lori Perkins for a BDSM vampire anthology not yet titled or scheduled for publication.
- Daron’s Guitar Chronicles — NOW COMPLETE. The online series of DGC wrapped up in January 2020, after more than 10 years of continuous updates, over 1.1. million words, and over 1111 posts. The entire thing can be read free online at https://daron.ceciliatan.com and new editions of the books will be released for vols 1-9, and vols 10-13 will finally get released as books in 2021!
Forthcoming Stories, Books and Stuff:
Fiction Books by Cecilia Tan
Each series has its own info page:
- The Vanished Chronicles
- The Struck by Lightning Trilogy
- Secrets of a Rock Star
- Magic University
- Daron’s Guitar Chronicles
- The Prince’s Boy
- Geek Actually, co-written with Cathy Yardley, Mel Blue, and Rachel Stuhler.
Daron Audiobooks at Audible.com:
AND there are now Audiobooks of The Prince’s Boy, Volumes 1 & 2 also! (Link goes to Audible.com)
Nonfiction Books by Cecilia Tan (baseball, pop culture, etc)
— First published in July 2020, following a successful Kickstarter campaign, the latest installment in the “Binge Watcher” series covers the eight Harry Potter movies, including not only behind-the-scenes info, plot recaps, and casting notes, but tips on how to throw a binge watching party and essays on how the Potter film project changed modern cinema forever.
First published in hardcover in 2004, then paperback in 2005, from John Wiley & Sons. I wrote it as a unique history of the New York Yankees, from the perspective of recounting the action of 50 of the greatest games in Yankees’ history. Regular season, World Series, heartbreakers, history-makers. The book got unbelievably great reviews, too–people really enjoyed the way I made the reader feel like “they were there.”
Co-written with my good friend Bill Nowlin, who has written a lot of books on Ted Williams and the Red Sox himself. Like the book on the Yankees, it recounts 50 great games from Red Sox history. Ironically, while we were working on the book, the Sox won the World Series in 2004, and we had to revamp our list of great games! All of a sudden our book had a “happy ending!”
Essays and Articles by Cecilia Tan
These being mostly about sex, writing, or myself, or all three…
(FYI, Some of my older political essays are available to read on line if you visit my old Rants Page. )
- Couple of autobiographical sexuality and erotica essays came out in late 2001/early 2002, in That Takes Ovaries! (Ed. Rivka Solomon, Three Rivers Press), and The Burning Pen (Ed. M. Christian, Alyson Publications)… You can read my essay in The Burning Pen on the site of The Erotic Authors Association.
- August 2001 — I wrote the “Writers Bite Back” column for the San Francisco Bay Guardian ranting about how you can fight the right and censorship, but you can’t really fight the indifference of the corporate bookselling chains (Boredoms and Barnes Ignoble)–which may have the same result for fringe writers like me.
- “On The Altar” — an essay about my alternative sexual lifestyle(s) appears in Sex & Single Girls, edited by Lee Damsky (Seal Press). November 2000.
- “Picture This”–an autobiographical “coming out” essay, in A Woman Like That (Avon Books), edited by Joan Larkin, which is the women’s companion book to Patrick Merla’s BOYS LIKE US, which was all the coming out stories of prominent gay male writers. Mine tracks the parallels between my coming out as bisexual and coming out as an erotica writer. Appeared October 99.
- Several essays appeared in 1999 in Sandmutopian Guardian magazine, on S/M & Spirituality, on Self-Preservation and Accountability for Bottoms and Subs, and on the Difference Between Service, Submission, and Slavery.
- “Vampire Chic” an essay in issue #7 (Sept 1998) of Blue
Blood magazine. Blue Blood used to be in glossy print, but nowadays is only online. The web site is at www.blueblood.net//
- “Chicken Rice Stew” a recipe in the benefit cookbook FOOD FOR
LIFE, edited by Lawrence Schimel, published by Cleis Press. This is
one of the most amusing, funnest cookbooks I’ve ever seen, with
anecdotes and photos of various gay and lesbian celebrities and
writers (Tony Kushner, Martina Navratilova, Pat Califia, etc…)
Proceeds from the book got to organizations providing food to people
with AIDS. I think I’ll be giving a lot of copies of it for the holidays.
- “Why Smut Is Important to My Liberation (And Yours)” in SOJOURNER
Women’s Forum, an essay on why writing about sex and sexuality and
expressing eroticism through words is central to the tenets of
feminism, not against them. November 1996, Vol. 22, #3. Read the complete essay on-line here
- “Self-Tattoo How-To” in Blue Blood #6, appeared late summer
1996. This is actually a how-to I wrote on doing your own jailhouse
tattoo, with photos of me tattooing myself on a special occasion.
In a future issue of Blue Blood there is an erotic photospread of me and corwin doing our thing, too.
- “First” in Virgin Territory 2 edited by Shar Rednour. The second anthology of women’s sexual “firsts” of various kinds from their real lives. Mine is about the first really vivid fantasies I used to have about the first girl I had a tremendous crush on. It’s
not fictional, but it is erotica. Came out in February 1997.
- “A Ronin’s Journal” excerpt in The Servants Quarters zine
Issue #3. The Servants Quarters is a zine dedicated to the fine art
of submission and is produced by and for submissives. For more info,
write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Bi Sex” essay in Black Sheets magazine Issue #7, special
issue on bisexuality. Black Sheets is the hip and irreverent sex
magazine put out by the same folks who compile and publish The Black
Book annual “yellow pages” style directory of leather/SM goods and
services. For more info, write to email@example.com. You can read the
text of the essay online.
- “The Bi Switch Revolution” Summer ’95 an essay in Bisexual Politics a collection of essays edited by Naomi Tucker for The
Haworth Press. You can read the text of the essay on-line.
- “Open Letter From a Masochist to a Feminist” an essay in Some Women, an anthology of essays by women into SM edited by Laura
Antoniou from Masquerade Books. You can read the text of this essay here.
- “Bisexuality and Polyamory” an essay in BiWomen the news
letter of BBWN (Boston Bisexual Women’s Network).
Baseball Articles by Cecilia Tan
These are, of course, those published in places other than (or in addition to) my online baseball periodical, “Why I Like Baseball”.
- Roster Preview — I write the Yankees 40 man roster preview every year for the YANKEES ANNUAL.
- Starting in 2006, I began covering the Yankees beat for Gotham Baseball magazine. I write feature stories, columns for the online site, and the like. In 2007 I wrote a weekly team report, stuff like that.
- “The Duel”–my piece on the Pedro/Clemens face off in 2000 on Memorial Day Weekend appeared in Harvey Frommer’s book on the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, “Red Sox vs. Yankees: The Great Rivalry” (Sports Publishing).
- “Why I Never Played Ball”–essay appeared in the Dec. 21st 2002 issue of Slow Trains, the online literary journal. It’s the second baseball piece they have taken.
- September 2002–“Fan At Work” baseball essay appeared in “Slow Trains” The title is a take-off on George Will’s “Men At Work.”
- Article on the career of utility infielder Luis Sojo in Yankees Magazine appeared in May 2002. That’s “Yankees,” as in the baseball team’s official magazine, not “Yankee” which is some quaint New England publication.
- April 2002– I have two articles in Yankees Magazine, one on 1962 World Series hero Ralph Terry, and one on spring training instructors.
Visit Circlet Press where you can order many of the books and anthologies mentioned above. Or visit my snazzy Amazon “store” Right Here to do the same. Or follow the Amazon links in the text of the page. I’ve just gotten hooked up with Powell’s, too, so that those who are boycotting Amazon for various reasons (they seem to do something to piss folks off every other week these days…) will have another choice, too! Links to come.
|Sacrifice||August 2014||Summer Rain||Novella "Sacrifice" appeared in the romance anthology SUMMER RAIN, published August 2014 as a fundraiser for RAINN by Audra North, edited by Sarah F. Lyons. Sea trade with China brings a young woman, sold into slavery, into the life of a demigod in Macedonia in the era when Christianity is ascendant.|
|Her Lover Is a Flame||November 2013||THE BIG BOOK OF ORGASMS: 69 SEXY STORIES||A collection of short-short stories, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussell, Cleis Press.|
|Action||2012||Best Gay Short Stories||a gay, near-future, magical realist literary story. First appeared first in the annual anthology for the Saints & Sinners literary festival and then was chosen by Peter Dubé for BEST GAY STORIES published by Lethe Press in 2012. (It’s also an homage to actor Brandon Lee.)|
|Window of Opportunity||February 2012||VOYEUR EYES ONLY: VEGAS WINDOWS||Published in Audiobook by SMOTP and paperback/ebook by XCite Books. This anthology was cooked up during the 2011 Erotic Authors Association convention in Vegas and includes stories from attendees at that conference, which was fantastic fun, all Vegas and voyeur themed.|
|Time||March 2011||GOTTA HAVE IT: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex||Short-short story "Time," to Rachel Kramer Bussell for the GOTTA HAVE IT: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex, published by Cleis Press in March 2011.|