Today I have some visual references for you, a very short quiz (5 matching questions), and the answers to yesterday’s quiz. Yesterday’s must have been too hard because only one person entered! And she won! (So it might be easier to win than you thought…)
Veritas, the magical university, is a part of Harvard. People without The Sight cannot see the magical buildings, so this is just our best guess of where they are on the Harvard Campus map:
The fourth house (Nummus House) is not in this section of the campus, but you will see the other three houses, as well as Peyntree Hall, the Elwyn Library, and the Sassamon Ritual Arts building on this map.
Meanwhile, have you seen the photo album of images I took of Harvard last year? There’s a little tour of Veritas right here:
And now on to today’s quiz!
Match the Tarot card with the interpretation:
A. The Ace of Swords
B. The Moon
C. Two of Swords
D. Three of Cups
E. Ten of Swords
1. Balancing a Difficult Decision
2. Betrayed by all
3. Wild, untamed, or animalistic desire
4. The hero begins his quest
5. Party time!
To enter to win, comment with your answers/best guesses or email them to ctan.writer AT gmail.com by midnight eastern tonight. Winner gets choice of all three Magic U ebooks to date, or a signed paperback of book one!
Yesterday’s winner was Kerry T.! Who got four of five answers right. Here are the correct answers:
1. Which of the following subjects is not offered at Veritas?
2. Which of the following are “magic numbers?”
D. All of the above — just about every number is lucky for someone. Even 13.
3. In omens class, Kyle learns that a cat sneezing means what?
D. None of the above! (It means “good luck for a bride.”)
4. In which class at Veritas would you learn to change lead to gold?
5. Which of the following poets did not attend Harvard?
E. Edgar Allan Poe
Book four, THE POET AND THE PROPHECY, will be out next week!